Monday, June 3, 2019

les mis at the pantages theater

I planned on taking a couple pictures for you at the performance.  My own family forbid it, and they were right-- apart from not wanting to be embarrassed by the guy breaking the rules with the camera, they wanted me to be present with them and the performance, instead of being distracted by a device.  So here are some professional photos from the performance (and one of us outside the theater).


If you ever have the chance, whether or not it's already on your bucket list, I recommend you find a live performance you think you'd like.  It's one thing to read a book, or see a movie-- but it's truly powerful and moving to be in the presence of real people who are acting and singing their hearts out on stage.





And finally, yesterday I was reminded that sometimes direct experience is often the fastest path to curiosity.  Imagine my surprise when I walked through the kitchen to find my favorite fourth grader reading the book I still have bookmarked from where we left off...  The play sparked her interest!  We wound up talking about the characters, the story, and good and evil for the next half hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...